Friday, March 27, 2015

Proverbial Pearl

Proverbs 27: 19
"Just as water reflects the face, so one's life reflects the heart. "
 
On a calm peaceful day you can see a clear reflection of yourself in water. What do the actions of your life reflect about your heart? Are we a true reflection of Christ?
 
My daughters and I have been discussing this thought throughout the week. I know that my desire is to always honor God with my life, and I wanted to hear from them how they see the reflection of their life. It has been so sweet listening to their hearts as they share about their desire to be a true representation of Christ to this lost and dying world!
The fact of the matter is this.....we won't always get it right 100% of the time, but we should always keep our accounts short with God and with those around us.
 
The girls shared about the sermon they heard this past week at youth. (Props to Pastor Drew!!) How selfish we can become if all we think about is "if only".  If only, I could have this....or that.....
The reflection of our heart when we are stuck in that mindset does no one any good, especially not ourselves.
 
I pray that my life is a reflection of a different mindset. One that states, "even if...."
Even if, I am struggling. Even if, I feel my prayer wasn't answered the way I wanted. Even if, I don't understand the situation I am in, I will serve God with all my heart, soul, mind and strength!
When the actions of your life reflect that thought process, God will be pleased! So think about it.....what do people see in the reflection of your life? Most importantly.....what does God see in the reflection of your life?

No comments: