Monday, September 12, 2016

Are You Thirsty?


Psalm 42:1-2 says, "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?" Take some time and read the verses nice and slowly. . . ponder what it is saying. . .our souls should thirst for the living God!

Have you ever been very, very thirsty? I have! Imagine the hottest day of the year and you are out working in the yard, but there is no water anywhere. What do you do? Well, I know what I would do. . .I would go anywhere I need to in order to find water!!

So let me ask you this, do we pursue God in the same manner? God's Word says that if we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. It is up to us to do our part and pursue God passionately. . .He is faithful to fulfill what He says in His Word!

So get thirsty! When you do, you will find yourself close to the One Living God!



No comments: