Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Breakfast is Important

I have had a unique opportunity lately. One of my daughters needed to be dropped off this week at 7:30 am and I didn't have to be at work until 9:00 am, so I took the opportunity to have some quiet time.

I stopped at a little diner and ordered some coffee and spent time in prayer and in His Word. I am amazed at what a little change of scenery can do for your time with God. Here I am completely separated from any responsibility from home and can focus entirely on God and His Word!

I always knew that time in the morning with God was important, but I'm not entirely sure that I always made it a point to position myself to be fed by Him. I have been guilty of pulling up to the table and not eating what God had laid out in front of me. Think about it! I'm sure you have to. We get ready and prepared then......the phone rings, the dog needs to go out, the laundry needs switched... whatever it is that distracts you happens...Then we go through the day without filling ourselves from our Lord's table.

You wonder how a country that was built on Christian values can resemble what we see on the news these days? I feel it is because our churches are full of emaciated Christians who have deceived themselves into believing that everything is okay!

We need to wake ourselves and not only sit at our Lord's table, but allow Him to feed our souls. That is where change happens. That is when we begin to reaemble His character. That is how we are prepared for the call He has for our lives!

Thanks for reading!
Barbette

No comments: