This post may contain affiliate links.
Thank you for supporting my blog and homeschool!
See my full Disclosure statement for more information.
I was so happy to receive the ESV FAMILY DEVOTIONAL BIBLE to review. Not only is it a beautifully colorful hardbound Bible, but it is a great addition to any family devotion time. This hardbound Bible includes 130 different devotional readings. Each one is placed in the Bible text where the story is found, but written in such a manner that is easier for children to understand. Upon opening my copy of The ESV FAMILY DEVOTIONAL BIBLE, it was not hard to recognize the beauty of each illustration that accompanied the devotional readings.
As a mom of three girls, I can honestly say that I could not have navigated myself through twenty-two years of parenting without the wisdom I found in the Bible. The Bible is God's Word to us. In it you will find the story describing the creation and fall of humanity, and also the manner in which God made a way for us to spend eternity with Him in heaven! God is always truthful and good, and His written Word is infallible and useful in our everyday life.
As you can see in the picture, each story begins with a beautiful painting that corresponds to the story. This one references the: Jeremiah 1:1-19,23:5-6, 31:31-37 text. There are also some other features included with each devotional...like:
- Questions for the Family-which is great for encouraging conversation about the story during Family Devotion time. This way the entire family can get involved and discuss the story to gain insight on how it applies to our lives today.
- The Key Verse-identifies an important verse contained in the related text and highlights it for the purpose of driving a point home. (Personally, I love it for the purpose of finding memory verses for my kiddos)
The maps included are:
- The Lands of the Patriarchs
- The Exodus from Egypt
- The Lands Assigned to the Tribes of Israel
- The Kingdom of Saul, David, and Solomon
- The Divided Kingdom of Israel and Judah
- The City of Jerusalem
- The Land of Israel during the New Testament
- Places Paul Visited
Click below and enter to win!!
Here are the winner guidelines and Disclosure statement: