Thursday, January 7, 2016

#Relentless


Intentionality......

When I say that word what do you think of?

Well, when I hear that word I think of the past twelve months....the entire year of 2015. That was the word that I chose to try to live out in 2015. What I found out was that living with intention is not an easy task, and I have to say I am not so sure I did it justice. I realized that more than I cared to admit, I allowed circumstances to have their own way.....Intentional living is making every moment count even when it is hard or inconvenient. Intentional living is being present, in the moment, at all times. It is investing in the lives of others in a real, purposeful, tangible way in order to build relationships and shine the light of Jesus Christ.

My word for 2015 although I didn't live it out perfectly, changed me for the better. I do know that! I really love that about God. He continually helps me grow and develop. I am forever being crafted into a person that more closely resembles His nature! Isn't that what we all want? Ephesians 5 talks about being led by the Spirit and the difference between the acts of the flesh and the fruit of the Spirit. We are to continually live out: love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and self-control. Verse 24 -25 says, "Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit" You see, as we do this....as we keep in step with the spirit we are putting on the nature of Christ. That is what our world needs. Our world doesn't need another "guru", get rich quick scheme, or reality TV show....what our world needs is for true Christians to live as Christ did!

So, as I say hello to this new year and a new word for 2016, I know that intentionality is here to stay. I will continue to exercise this word in my life knowing that it produces wonderful fruit both in my life and for the kingdom of God.

Now that brings me to 2016.....

I spent some time praying and asking God what word I should try to live by in the coming year....then one day in my prayer time the word RELENTLESS was dropped into my heart. Relentless........it is something that I truly want to be more of. I want to be relentless! I want to pursue each thing in my life with unyielding tenacity. I want to pour myself out in such a way that the kingdom of God is increased. I want to hear God's voice on a daily basis and to do what He tells me to with reckless abandon, knowing that the time is short and there are souls at stake.



I want to show people what it looks like to serve God relentlessly, but not for my own glory....all for the glory of God!!

God is so good in the way that he crafts and designs our lives. Last year was living with intention....this year is being relentless.....Can you imagine if he would have flip flopped those in my life. I could have been relentless last year, but all for the wrong things.... God is so good. He helped me learn to listen for His voice, and to say no to things I needed to, and to live with intention in all I do last year, so that this year I have that foundation to stand on!!

Think about your life.....think of all the times God has worked things out for your good! Doesn't that get you excited!?

So, now you've heard about my word for the new year.....I'd like to hear yours. If you don't usually choose a word for the year, pray about it. I know it has really helped me grow personally, spiritually, and relationally in my life.


I

No comments: