Friday, January 29, 2016

Life and Peace

 
 
I was reading today in Romans and this verse really stuck out to me......and I knew you all would be glad that I shared!!  Ha ha ha!!

Romans 8:6-8 says, "6. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God. "

Think about that.....really let it sink in......I mean I know that there are some times that I allow my flesh to govern my thoughts and actions.....don't you?  Even when it isn't something big or life changing, if we leave God out of it we are not pleasing to Him.  OUCH!

Take a look at verse 6, it says, "If our minds are governed (ruled) by the Spirit.....If there is a ruler of a country, and people go against their orders that is considered treason, right?!  So.....if we try to govern our lives ourselves basically we are committing treason against our God!  DOUBLE OUCH!!

But look at the promise we are given if we allow the Spirit to direct and guide us...."The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace."  Life and peace.....Isn't that what we all want? We all are searching for life and peace and think that we can find it on our own. We commit treason against our God in search of this illustrious dream, only to wear ourselves out in our quest, because without God we cannot find true life or true peace. If we yield (submit to, give up control to) God, His Spirit will direct and guide us into true life and true peace!!!!!  That is something to shout about!!!
That is how much He loves us!!!


No comments: