Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Be An Example

 
 
I read this verse today, and have been thinking about it all day long. Even though I have read this verse multiple times in my life, I found myself looking at it in a new way today.
I Timothy 4:12 has been a verse that I have committed to memory and helped my children do the same. But tell me, when was the last time that you took some time to really see what it says. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." I Timothy 4:12
 
I love the Bible, don't you?  God's Word shows us the right way to live in every area of our lives. Take some time to meditate on the words of this verse. As you do, let it sink from your head to your heart.....
 
 
A couple weeks ago during his sermon Pastor Bell said something so simple yet profound. He said, "God didn't give us His Word so we could become scientists or archeologists. He gave us His Word so we could become Christians." As a Christian we are to live out this verse. Each day we should look more and more like Christ. We are to be an example to those around us in all things at all times! Yikes! Have we really taken the time to do that? 

It is time for those of us who profess to be Christians to either put up or shut up! It is time for us to not just be hearers of God's Word, but we should put it onto practice in our lives. The eternities of those around us depend on it!

Thank you for reading!
Barbette Yingst
 
 
 


No comments: