Tuesday, November 29, 2016

An Amazing Future


I have been reading the book, So Long Insecurity by Beth Moore. Wow! What an eye opener!! Insecurity seems to be bred in our society these days. The internet and social media have made our world so small and and opened us up to new ways to compare ourselves. . .one selfie at a time!!  Am I right?

Sometimes it is far too easy to compare ourselves to others, or allow the things in our past to take root and choke out any life that God tries to grow inside us. One of the things I find myself saying alot is, "Whatever you feed will grow." I know it isn't the most profound statement of the century, but think about it. If we allow self doubt and condemnation to rule our thoughts, you can rest assured that it will rule our actions. If we allow insecurity and fear to take hold in our minds and be a part of every thought process, it won't take long before we seclude ourselves.

This verse was in my devotion on Monday morning and I absolutely love it! God didn't make a mistake when He created me, and He didn't make a mistake when He created you. He made you with a plan and purpose! That doesn't mean that we don't have our rough edges or idiosyncrasies that God will polish and smooth out as He works out His perfect plan in our lives. You see, we can't look at our circumstances and let them define us. . .especially if those circumstances are difficult and depressing. This verse says that God has planned MARVELOUS things for us!! That is exciting!

So, let me challenge you to ponder this verse. Think of all the great things that God has done for you, and trust when your good Father says that He has marvelous things in store for you!

Thank you for reading!
Barbette



No comments: