Monday, February 2, 2015

Where is Your Light?

 
How many of you have every spoken before you really took time to think about it? I know I am not alone in this. I have had times where I had to go back and apologize for something I have said "in the moment."
 
Sometimes the mistakes that we have made in the past can make us a little gun shy. Sometimes we want to just shut down out of fear that we will say the wrong thing.  We have to realize this, the opposite is also true of this verse. The tongue can also build up and encourage. It can be the very tool necessary for God to use to impact a person for eternity!  God has commanded us to seek and save the lost. We can't do that if we never speak! If every time God brings someone across our path and we sit there with our jaws clenched, we will never be able to fulfill the Great Commission!


Last night my husband and I had the pleasure to spend some time with very dear friends of ours. We shared wonderful food and plenty of laughter, but we also had the opportunity to spend some time getting to know our waiter. It was awesome to see how God used us to build a relationship with him in a short time. I want to let you in on a little secret......God wants us to share His love!  Face it, that isn't really a secret is it????
When I was a little girl, we sang a song in Sunday School...."This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine, this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine......hide it under a bushel? No!, I'm gonna let it shine."

Don't wait for the "perfect" opportunity to arise. Don't give yourself excuses or outs. If you are interacting with another person and the opportunity arises for you to share the about the greatness of our God, don't you think He deserves the glory.  The bottom line is this, we are emissaries for Christ. As people meet us and interact with us, the love that shines out of the very core of us should let everyone know that we have a relationship with Jesus Christ. John 13:35 says, By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

I will be looking for our new friend on Wednesday night at church!

#howexciting!
#sharetheloveofchrist



No comments: