Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I Love Reading My Bible

 

I love reading my Bible!  No matter how many times I read the scriptures, I learn new things from it all the time!  I love that!!!  :-)  The Word of God is truly God's Living Word. I know that to be true because of the evidence of it in my own life!
 
As I was reading my Bible in Ephesians I came across these verses and they really spoke to me today. Ephesians 1:7-8 says "In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding."
 
This verse says I am redeemed through the blood of Jesus!! I know, I know.....you have probably read this verse as many times as I have. As you can see this verse was highlighted in my Bible. I have noticed it before, but this time when I read it, it seemed to speak something new to my heart. I love it when God seems to arrest my attention as I am reading. It is a reminder that He never leaves me. That He is with me whether I am cooking dinner for my family or spending time in His Word.
 
So, in the past I realized that I have been guilty of condemning myself. The perfectionist part of me starts inner negative chatter for a variety of reasons: for my past, for my decisions, for my mistakes, for my parenting mishaps, etc.  How many of you can relate to that? If we are honest with ourselves, at one time or another I am sure we have all allowed negative inner chatter that caused us to forget about the fact that we have been forgiven of all of that....
 
Once you have received Jesus into your life, He begins a work in your life. It is up to us to read the Word for wisdom, and to pray for guidance. We also need to set some Godly goals for our life. Then we need to work to achieve those goals. My pastor (Pastor Bell) shared what he called a PB Wow- "Your life is a direct reflection of your goals and how committed you are to achieving them." This quote is simple yet profound. Read it again...."Your life is a direct reflection of your goals and how committed you are to achieving them."
 
Often we find ourselves overwhelmed by those negative thoughts and it keeps us from doing anything. We don't take hold of the fact that we are redeemed. The payment for our past, our decisions, and mistakes has already been paid....and we are free to live for Him! We are free to achieve the Godly goals we desire to see fulfilled in our lives.
 
Ephesians 2:4-5 says, " But because of His great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace you have been saved."
 
God loves each of us so much. He wants us to spend time with Him and in His Word. As we come closer to God, He will come closer to us. He will fill us with desires straight from His heart and will inspire us to love like He loves. The moment we give our heart to Him......everything changes. We begin a journey unlike any other! We go from a life of aimlessness to one with purpose. It is up to us to see ourselves through the eyes of God and take hold of the vision He has for us! Once we do that, we will be able to see God do incredible things in us, and through us!  That gets me excited!!
 
 







































No comments: