Friday, August 1, 2014

So Much to Do!

Have you ever had that nagging feeling that you were forgetting something......Not just any something, a particular something that feels like it could be very important and you just can't remember what it is?

I have found myself there several times here lately and it is a horrible feeling. It seems that no matter how much you do there is still more to be done. We ladies get a "syndrome" that we can take on the world and we find ourselves overloaded, overworked, and overspent!  It is in those moments that we take it out on the very people that we love the most and deserve the best from us.

As I juggle everything that I have agreed to handle I find a relief as I send that "ball" back into the air, because I think that way I don't need to think about it again until it comes back around. We all know that sometimes it doesn't seem to come back around on time! Then everything goes haywire and we find ourselves sitting in the rubble of our once "seemingly smooth" life. Don't get me wrong, juggling isn't all bad, but it isn't all good either. Remember that it is always okay to say no. That is a complete sentence all on its own.  If you find yourself juggling and all the things you are doing are what you know you need to be doing, then rest in the strength and power that you can only receive from Christ. He fills in the gaps where we are lacking. He strengthens, empowers, equips, and inspires us beyond our own imaginations.

As a mom who homeschools, volunteers at church, volunteers outside of church, has two family members in the military, has no family nearby....the list could go on and on, I have become a professional juggler.  As I juggle the things I become involved in, I've found that I cannot do anything at all without the power that I receive from a relationship with God.  He is my strength when I am weak.

Psalm 28:8 "Jehovah is their strength, and he is a stronghold of salvation to his anointed."
Psalm 118:14 "Jehovah is my strength and song; And he is become my salvation."

I know that I am not the only lady that takes on a lot. We all do this from time to time. Just remember that we can do nothing in our strength, but all things in the strength that comes from Christ.

So when you are trying to teach an English lesson to your two children and it seems like it is a room full of 40 talkative "Nellies," (which just happened this morning) know that you are not alone. It doesn't mean that you aren't cut out for it, it just means that you may want to re-focus. Start your day centered on Christ and realize that everything you do makes an impact. The way you handle the situation impacts your children in a very real way. You can come unglued and explode or you can reaffirm Godly principles of respect and move on.
When you come unglued and explode it seems easier at first. There is no self-control involved at all, but there is that "crow-eating" session afterwards to think about! I mean you can't leave it like that. You have to go and apologize for losing it.  When you hold your tongue, it is so hard (especially at first). You have to keep your mouth from issuing threats and from all the other stuff that comes out in unglued moments, but you are able to show the love of God and redirect them so that the whole day doesn't become about one moment.  That is definitely the better choice.

So, what am I trying to say? I am so glad you asked!  If you are a lady that harshly critiques everything you do, take it a little easier on yourself. Rest in the fact that your creator will never leave you. He wants to help you as you walk through this life. He wants us to come to him when we are stumped so he can help us through whatever it is we are going through.
If you are a lady that comes unglued and explodes, know that you don't have to be. Pray about it! Give it to God and then when tested.....HOLD YOUR TONGUE!  I know what you're thinking. You think I have no idea how hard it is! Yes I do. I have had my unglued moments. They happen to us all. We just have to realize that we don't have to lose it, we can grow past that with God's help.

As you read this blog realize that an imperfect woman is writing it. One who has, does and did struggle with everything contained in it.  The great news is, I am not alone and Christ makes us perfect in our weakness.

2 Corinthians 12: 9 "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

If that doesn't make you smile, I don't know what will!
Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: