Thursday, November 6, 2014

Creamy Potato Soup

With winter biting at our heels, I have been craving soup. I tend to be a bit of a soup snob. When I was little I hated soup, then I grew up and started making my own soups and fell in love!

 I am so excited to share my potato soup recipe with you guys! It is one of my all time favorites and a favorite of my three girls!


This recipe is made without meat, but my guy believes that it can't be considered a meal if it doesn't have meat in it, so we tend to make this when it is just me and the three girls at home!  If we do make it for a meal that my guy will be eating with us, I just add some sausage to it.  You can add breakfast sausage and brown it and add it, or you can use smoked sausage and slice it into the soup. Either way, it is a wonderful addition to this soup!





Let's get started crafting some incredibly yummy soup!




Peel and dice 10 to 12 ;medium sized potatoes and place them in a soup pot and cover with water. For richer flavor, add chicken broth.

I am an onion lover, so I diced a medium sweet onion and added it to the pot so the flavor could cook into the potatoes!  YUMMY!

I also added minced garlic, crushed black pepper and sea salt.

The potatoes are getting happy! 

My girls have already started coming downstairs to ask what I was cooking!  They are hovering like little hawks ready to pounce. These potatoes need to cook up quickly, I have some hungry girls on my hands! 
Once the potatoes are cooked I add the cream!

And 2 packages of softened cream cheese. I chop it into cubes the best I can and work it through the soup to make sure that it melts completely. While the cream cheese is melting in the pot, I cooked up some bacon to garnish the soup with.


 Then I add some crushed red pepper and parsley. I like to add dried to this soup so that it doesn't try to take over!
Last I add the shredded cheese! My mouth is now watering and I can't wait to dig in! 


Dinner Time!
I hope you love it as much as we do! 

Ingredients:

10-12 potatoes
1 medium onion
2 T minced garlic
1 T crushed black pepper
1 T sea salt
2 T dried parsley
2 t crushed red pepper
2 pkg cream cheese
1 qt heavy cream
3 cups shredded cheese
1 lb. bacon

Instructions:

Peel and slice your potatoes. Try to keep the pieces small enough to fit nicely in your mouth!
Add the potatoes to a soup pot along with diced onion. Cover the potatoes and onion with water and cook until the potatoes are soft.
Add the cream, cream cheese, parsley, and crushed red pepper and let it cook until the cream cheese is completely melted.
While the cream cheese is melting, cut the bacon into 1" pieces and fry in a skillet.
Once the cream cheese is melted add the shredded cheese and stir well.
It is ready to serve. Garnish with crispy bacon pieces.

No comments: